The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

Miss Carol DiDaniele joins the Carroll art faculty

Kadie Kutlus

Miss Carole DiDaniele has joined the Archbishop Carroll community as the school’s newest fine arts teacher

This is her first job teaching high school, but she has had some other experiences. Miss DiDaniele volunteered at Sunday school and helped her mom at her preschool. 

“It’s a big switch from little to big kids,” Miss DiDaniele said. “It is a lot harder to keep them on task.” 

Miss DiDaniele works with many different kinds of art. However, there is one form of art that she specialized in during college. At Shippensburg University, she majored in ceramics as well as education. 

While her main medium of art is ceramics, she teaches two other classes she equally enjoys. 

“The digital photography class really wants to learn and is very dedicated,” Miss DiDaniele said, “The graphic design classes are also doing great. This is a lot of student’s first art class.”  

While she teaches various art classes,  Miss DiDaniele is adjusting well to Carroll’s active environment.

“This is a fantastic environment,” Miss DiDaniele said. “The school is great. The kids are great. They love to learn and I love to teach.” 

She is liked by her students. 

“I am really enjoying the assignments she gives us and the creative freedom we have,” said senior Isis Holt, who is in Miss DiDaniele’s Ceramics 2 class. 

Junior Sofia Palumbi agreed. 

“I take graphic design and the class is very creatively open and laid back,” Palumbi said. 

Miss DiDaniele said she is very excited to be working with the students and staff. She already feels welcomed by the Carroll community and wants students to feel welcomed, too.  

“This has been a refreshing change of scenery from my volunteer work,” Miss DiDaniele said, “I really enjoy being an art teacher.”