The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

Changes hit the airwaves on Patriot News Live

Getty Images

Archbishop Carroll’s Patriot News Live is making changes for this school year. 

A major change that Mr. Louis Valenti, who took over the role of moderator after Mr. Devin Gallagher moved on to another job, has made is the addition of the student council. Student council members are working with the TV crew as news anchors to report on club meetings and events. 

“Mr. Valenti told me that he wanted the student council to announce on Patriot News Live,” said student council vice president Sarah Barrera-Cruz.  “Working with them has given me the ability to collaborate with new people and I think I am able to give the community even more information.” 

Patriot News Live has also changed its segments. There is no longer information on room changes or the weather. The program now focuses on advertising sports, clubs and Carroll events.  The livestream and the editing is also improving. New staff is being implemented to start working on the behind-the-scenes work. 

“Right now I’m getting familiar with how the streaming system works,” said senior Aidan Chau. “The changes from last year to this year are definitely noticeable. They are trying to make sure all groups within Carroll are recognized.” 

Viewers have noticed the changes. 

“I really enjoy watching Patriot News Live every morning,” senior Madison Mitchell said. “I feel as though it’s a tad more organized, but I do think it’s missing some of the spirit it had. I miss the corniness sometimes.”