The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

NHS needs clothing and health and hygiene items for Delco foster kids

Collection boxes for toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, hair brushes, clothing, money and gift cards can be found throughout the school

The National Honor Society is currently working with Fostering Hope DELCO through November to help foster kids in need. 

Fostering Hope DELCO is a non-profit organization that provides babies, children and teenagers that are in foster care by providing them goods that they might not have access to. 

“I’m super excited to be working with Fostering Hope,” said senior Brianna Petruccelli, the president of NHS. “They’re a fantastic non-profit, and together we will support countless deserving foster kids and families.” 

The organization is asking for hygiene times such as toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo, conditioner and hair brushes. Clothes, shoes, socks and pajamas can also be donated in all sizes. 

Donation boxes are placed in the main office and teacher’s classrooms. Donations can also be bought outside of the campus ministry office.  

“We have decorated small donations boxes for money and gift cards for Mrs. Owen and Mrs. Cahill’s rooms,” said senior Sarah Barrera-Cruz. “We hope to be making more in order to properly advertise this event. We want the whole school to get involved.” 

Donations that are collected will be packaged and sent back to the organization by the members of the National Honor Society. 

“It is a wonderful opportunity and people should consider donating,” said senior Kirstin Blake McGarvey. “You never know, the kids in need could be sitting right next to you.”