Kairos 112 is in the books

Mr. Ronald Cummings
K112 gathers at the end of the retreat.

The week after Thanksgiving Day, 49 seniors at Archbishop Carroll took part in the school’s 112th Kairos retreat, a three-day program for Catholic high school students that enhances faith, identity, relationships and connection to God’s role in a person’s life.

Grace Brogan  was among the seniors who attended the retreat, which happened at Malvern Retreat House from Nov. 27 to Nov. 30

“The one word I took away from Kairos was peace,” said Brogan, “You find some sense of clarity in your own life and you have the chance to meet other people, which helps to build bonds.”

One of the goals of Kairos is for participants to pass along what they learned to others, according to Mr. Eric Tamney, director of campus ministry. 

“You take the graces and the blessings of that encounter with God and you spread it to all of the people around you,” said Mr. Tamney. 

Assisting the retreatants on their spiritual journeys were adult leaders from Carroll’s faculty and student leaders who had attended K111 in June. One of the student leaders was Rebecca Marano, who said she benefitted by serving her classmates. 

“Being a Kairos leader impacted me because I was allowed to be a part of and witness the first Kairos of the K112 retreatants,” said Marano, “Being able to provide encouragement and comfort to those attending made me feel like I had the ability to impact and contribute to the success of their experience.”