Puzzle books, fuzzy socks, and boxes of candy canes needed by Thursday

Items can be dropped off at Mrs. Mulligan’s classroom — Room 206. Student council will bring the goodies to an area senior living center.

Archbishop Carroll students, teachers, administrators, and staff members can make some senior citizens a little happier this Christmas by donating items that will go to an assisted living center in the region.

The donation drive ends Thursday, Dec. 14.

Student council wants adult-sized fuzzy socks, puzzle books and boxes of candy canes. The items need to be dropped off in Mrs. Christina Mulligan’s room — Room 206. The donated items will go to Wesley Enhanced Living Center, which has several locations in the Philadelphia area.  

“We’re excited,” said senior Sarah Barrera-Cruz, vice-president of the student council. “Student council wanted to do something special before we went on break. We decided to help a group of people that is often neglected during this time of year.” 

Student council will visit the center and deliver the donations on Dec. 19.

“Senior citizens are often left out,” said Mrs. Mulligan, who is the student council moderator. “It’s always sad to see folks without family around. I thought it would be a good idea to see them.”  

Carroll’s jazz band and choir will accompany the student council on Dec. 19 to bring extra spirit to the visit. 

“Mrs. Mulligan wanted the music department to come together and bring joy to the senior citizens,” said senior Sofia Cunicelli, a Carroll musician. “I think that is a really nice way to bring the holiday season together. You don’t hear people doing this kind of thing anymore.”