Theater society seeks donations to buy new microphones in time for the spring musical

ACTS solicited donations for microphones with an Instagram post.

Archbishop Carroll Theater Society is raising money to help support the voices of the students by getting new microphones.

ACTS is looking for a total of $14,000 in donations in order to purchase 12 new microphones the actors use and improve the sound quality on stage. If the goal is reached, the microphones will be featured for the first time in the upcoming production of “The Little Mermaid,” which kicks off on April 19.

“We’ve had problems with the mics for a long time,” said senior Sofia Cunicelli. “I’m glad that this issue is finally being addressed and ACTS can thrive again.” 

Junior Sofia Palumbi agreed. 

“Simply putting on the mics is a hassle,” said Palumbi. “They constantly need to be readjusted backstage and fixed in the booth.” 

The campaign has received about $8,500 so far, which is over half of the goal amount. 

The link to donate is https://secure.acceptiva.com/?cst=312caa&fbclid=PAAaa6sCpbGT2M1g6Dq47DYcahwcVXQuShd8oq8iD-_73lFoy1VvUMdpVI1nw.

All donations must say “ACTS sound donation” to be properly sent to the campaign.  Donations over $200 will be featured in the playbill for “The Little Mermaid.” 

“The ACTS community is always so generous,” said Kirstin Blake McGarvey. “I am sure that the donation goal will be fulfilled in no time!”