Senior goodbye: Ryan Spellman

Dear Carroll friends,

My time in high school has been an incredible and fun-filled experience. I cannot believe that I am already a senior and I am now preparing to graduate. I first want to thank my friends for being absolutely amazing and staying with me through the four years of high school. I would not have had as enjoyable of an experience without all of you. I also want to thank my teachers for supporting me through four years of school. You have all taught me well and have prepared me for the life ahead of me.

Some of my favorite memories were made at Carroll and more specifically in my senior year lunch period. My table was hilarious and filled with laughter year round. From joking with my friend Tom to spraying each other with the cleaner, there was always something fun going on. My favorite memories were created in Carroll and I intend to cherish them for many years to come. Although some of my favorite memories are in school, there are many more than I created outside of school with my classmates — memories of participating in sports and just hanging out during a long weekend or break.

I have some advice for the underclassmen. Get involved in everything you can. If I had not gotten involved in sports my freshman year, my high school experience would be vastly different. The friends you make and the daily activity will benefit you far more than you could imagine. The first step is always the hardest, but, once you’re in, it becomes so much easier.

Ryan Spellman