The Carroll Times

The Student News Site of Archbishop John Carroll High School

The Carroll Times

The Carroll Times

Mr. Ken Brown joins Carroll’s business faculty

Marco Petroccia

On Nov. 27, Mr. Ken Brown joined Archbishop Carroll as the new Computer Programming, Marketing, and Introduction to Business teacher.

Mr. Brown is taking over some of the classes that Mr. Devin Gallagher taught before leaving Carroll to teach at another school. Miss Molly Dorsey, a Carroll alum, teaches the rest of Mr. Gallagher’s roster.

Before coming to Carroll, Mr. Brown was the chief information security officer for a technology company. This is Mr. Brown’s first time teaching high school students.

“I’ve always wanted to teach, and I’ve always admired my teachers growing up,” Mr. Brown said. “I’ve always felt like it was a calling. If you can do it, I think you should.”

Although Mr. Brown has only been here for a short time, he said he already feels welcomed and he is enjoying learning all the new faces.

“A lot of the kids are really fun to talk with, and it is very nice to see that many kids are involved and it is such an active community,” he said.

Mr. Brown has some new ideas and plans for his classes, especially for Computer Programming.

“I would like to move us into a direction where we are going to be focused on a programming language called Python,” he said.

Python is used in the business world, and it is a great place to start to learn how to program, Mr. Brown said.